Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cold smells

Have you ever noticed that there is a distinct smell to someone who has been outside in the cold for at least 10 minutes? I just went for a little jaunt around a few blocks to stretch a little, and sitting here for a few minutes, I caught that smell on my clothes! It's that smell you get when it's cold out, sticks to everyone. I very much dislike that smell!

Whenever I catch that scent, I always think of the first time I realized what it was. Dad used to go running every morning carrying weights or a bar and would wear green sweatpants and a yellow sweatshirt when it got cold. He'd come back smelling like the cold outdoors. I remember wondering why he smelled like that for awhile, and then a few days after wondering, I got my answer after I came inside after being in the cold. It's just the smell of the cold outdoors!

Yeah, That's all. Not much of a story or seems like there should have been more, but no, that's all  :-P

No comments: